Sunday, June 3, 2012

MOJO #243

Hi there! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and doing the things that makes you happy. I for one, finally got a chance to just "stay home and play." Working full time and being a mommy doesn't give me many opportunities to have a play day, so on days like today when I don't have to walk out my front door, boy do I enjoy myself :)

I've been having so much fun taking part in the IBSIC over at Inspired By Stamping that I decided to take part in a few other challenges. I'm still super nervous and debating on whether or not to put on my big girl panties again, but I've really enjoyed being a part of such wonderful community! Not to mention that the sketches and color inspirations helps me jump start my creative process which normally takes hours to start, lol!

I decided to  go with MOJO's round sketch. I can't believe in all these years, I have never created a round shaped card. I also decided to play along with The Shabby Tea Room's Week #116 challenge. I am a new found fan and when I seen this week's color combo, I couldn't pass it by. Unfortunately, I got my deadlines mixed up and missed the deadline...  :( Oh well! I guess there's always next week :)

I used Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles, PTI cream card stock, and Melissa Frances 5th Avenue paper pad to create my card base. Then I hand stitched some lace from my stash and glued it along the edge and added another piece of card stock on the back to cover it. My pink doily was created using MFT's large decorative doily die. My sentiment is from one of my favorite PTI sentiment sets, Signature Greeting. I stamped it in Vintage Photo distress ink on a cream circle, added some Karlas001 pearl trim, attached it to my pink doily, and added some IAR flowers. It's hard to see in the photo but behind my doily I layered a strip of paper from the collection, beige lace from my stash, and some pink crochet lace by May Arts. I also layered two hand cut banners and added some pearls for some glam. The gorgeous cupid resin embelly is by Melissa Frances and although it looks super white in the photo, it's actually really pretty in person :) I used some aqua seam binding from Zipperstop to create my bow, and added an IAR flower. The cute, adorable little tag says "thanks" and was created with PTI's Tiny Tags stamp and die sets. The beautiful crystal flower is from Karlas0001 Etsy and the crochet flower was purchased from Etsy. And last but not least, the pretty beige flower is by IAR.

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing some love! Take care and have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo beautiful! Wow! Love all the gorgeous details! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...