Wednesday, May 23, 2012

IBSIC #9

Hello sweet friends! I hope everyone is having a wonderful crafty week! As for me, I finally had some free time this weekend to sit down and be crafty. Such a much needed break! Crafting is definitely therapeutic for me.

Back in March, I was "on a mission" for some new Spellbinder Label stamps and happened to stumble upon some stamps by Joanna Munster. Omg, talk about love at first sight! I instantly fell in love with her stamps, and her style? ...OMG! I felt like I was in heaven!!! I think I stayed up for hours that night reading her blog and just absolutely drooling over her style, hehe! I just love her shabby chic style and the way she incorporates lots of lace and sewing in her cards... totally right up my alley :) If you like my style, you'll definitely love Joanna's! Please stop by Joanna's blog and her store, Inspired By Stamping. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Also in March, Joanna started the Inspired By Stamping Inspiration Challenge. I was so tempted to enter, but the thought of submitting my work to be judged sent chills up my back! I created a few cards but each time I always ended up "chickening out." If you're actually reading this, it must mean that I put on my "big girl panties," held my breath, and hit post. Wish me luck... and some courage too ;)
This is my card that I created for Joanna's challenge. For this week's challenge we needed to use the colors pink, turquoise, and white as show in this photo here:
Isn't that a gorgeous bedroom? I'd love to have such a shabby chic piece of heaven but I don't think the hubby would... shucks!

For my card I used the gorgeous Fancy Labels 18 and Big Notes IBS stamp sets. Two stamp sets that are definitely a must! I can never have enough sentiments and "label" stamps! I also used the London Market paper collection by Pink Paislee and PTI card stock in kraft and cream. To create my flower, I hand stitched some white crochet trim by May Arts and some turquoise party streamer that I had in my stash, then added a flower in the center. The solid pink flower  is also by IBS and is my ABSOLUTE favorite! Definitely hoarding vault material ;) To create my butterfly, I layered two butterflies made from a Martha Stewart and an EK Success punch that were edged with Vintage Photo distress ink, added two pearls, and some Prima bling. The two tiny pink buttons are by Pebbles and perfectly balanced the pink in my opinion. The eyelet lace is from my hoarding vault :) and the crochet trim I used to create my bow is by May Arts. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them :) Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful, crafty week!

4 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you put on your Big Girl Panties because this is BEYOND gorgeous! I have no idea why you were intimated because you have uber talent! I am seriously drooling! I am so glad you played along this week with us at IBSIC! I look forward to your future challenge entries!!!!!! :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I was just soooo excited to see your entry come up in my email box! But when I read your blog, I am the one that is overwhelmed and have tears in my eyes. THANK YOU for such kind words! It has touched my heart so deeply! Thank you! I am so glad that you played! Your card is sooooo gorgeous! Wow! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning !!!!!! I've just looked through your blog, all your creations are beautiful. I'm so glad you plucked up the courage to join us at IBSIC. Hope you will join us this week too for the sketch, btw, congrats on the win. Deb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderfully gorgeous ... such a perfect mix of shabby chicness! Good for you for joining in with the IBSIC and congrats on your WIN!!! Hoping you'll be a 'regular' at the IBSIC blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...